The research in this dissertation will highlight and achieve the aims and objectives as set out below. The aim and objectives were achieved through carrying out effective desk and field research. The aim will be achieved by meeting the following objectives;
* Evaluate Absence Management Theories through carrying out effective desk research.
* Evaluate and Discuss the Private sector’s Absence Management Policies and Procedures.
* Evaluate and Discuss the Public Sectors Absence Management Policies and Procedures
* Discuss Public Sector Absence Management theories in comparison to Theory.
* Discuss Private sector’s Absence Management theories in comparison to Theory.
* Analyse findings from interviews and discuss different HR manager’s views on effectiveness of Absence Management Policies and Procedures.
* Draw conclusions on effectiveness of Absence Management Policies
In order to achieve the above aim and objectives, a specific research methodology was chosen. A broad literature review will be conducted in order to draw out the key issues in “Absence Management” and to meet the objectives through the use of secondary data.
Chapter 1- Introduction
Aims and Objectives
Chapter 2 – Review of Literature
Managers Role in Absence Management
Return to Work Interviews
Differences between Public and Private Sectors
Dismissal for Short-term Absenteeism
Issues within Absence Management
Chapter 3 - Methodology of Field Research
Inductive and Deductive Reasoning
Quantitative and Qualitative Methods
Selection of Field Research
Difficulties and Limitations
Chapter 4 - Field Research Analysis
Findings from Employee Survey
Findings from Line Managers Survey
Findings from Interviews with Human Resource Managers
Chapter 5 - Conclusion
Chapter 6 – References
Chapter 7 – Bibliography
Chapter 8 - Appendix
Appendix 1 – Employee Survey
Appendix 2 – Line Manager Survey
Download Here: Dissertation